Territory Includes: MN, KS, MO, OK, ND, SD, NE, IA
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) will represent the Company and its oncology portfolio, initially focusing on an FDA approved PARP inhibitor indicated for the maintenance treatment of adult patients with recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer.
The MSL will deliver clinical, scientific, and technical education, building long term peer to peer relationships with key stakeholders and establishing rapport by providing scientific education to key healthcare practitioners involved in the care of solid tumor patients. The MSL is responsible for developing, coordinating and assuring implementation of corporate, scientific, and clinical strategies to these thought leaders within academic, clinical, and healthcare organizations. These scientific exchanges will support and/or expand current concepts, as well as ensure the safe and effective utilization of the Client’s product(s).
Additionally, the MSL may support the client’s research initiatives and participate in and contribute to projects and initiatives that increase the value and productivity of the Medical Affairs team.
• Advanced clinical/science degree: PharmD, PhD, MD, BSN/MSN, NP preferred
• Minimum of 3 years’ oncology MSL experience
• Well-versed in highly technical and scientific languages in order to communicate with key Thought Leaders, Medical Affairs, Research and Development, as well as other key internal and external stakeholders.
• Firm understanding of the key phases, processes and techniques that are involved in both the pre-clinical and clinical aspects of the drug development.
• Knowledge of FDA requirements and PhRMA Code, including regulations governing compliant scientific exchange
• Demonstrated ability to integrate and work in cross functional network/matrix
• Demonstrated project management ability
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
• Ability to travel, locally and regionally, up to 60%. May vary by regions.
• Valid driver’s license